Tuesday, March 2, 2010

WTF???!!!

OK, so here it is, day # 2 of my new job and I have just gotten to the point where I "think" I can talk about my first day... The names have been changed to protect ME!

I was asked by my new boss, AA (the acronym I will explain some day) to report to work at 9 am. Of course I was up at 5 am; but whatever. I figured that he wanted to get things ready for me so that when I arrived at work, he would be ready to go over the things I will be responsible for. Sooooo... after spending way too much time changing from one outfit to another, I left the apartment. I get in my car, start to back out of the carport area when I hear a "SCRAPE". I have just scraped the side of my car on the carport post. WTF?! I guess I could have gotten out of the car to check the damage but, WTF, I want to get to work. With my handy dandy GPS on, I head towards work. My GPS says "turn right on Bell Road"; no Bell Rd to be seen... "recalculating" WTF?! "Keep left and then turn right" What?! So from the left lane now I try to merge into the right lane and realize that during the side of my car being scraped off, the post had also bent my side view mirror over and I can't see shit. I start to merge hoping there is no one there... right... some one is laying on their horn, swerves around me, gets in front of me, slows down and starts flipping me off. WTF?! Can't you see I'm a Hoosier? Give me a break.

So... After several U-turns and swearing at the GPS, I make it to the office. I get into building and they point me to my office. There I sit... Finally the woman that I am replacing comes in to say that AA wants her to update me on the projects going on in that group. Does she know what I will be working on? No. Does she know if AA has planned to meet with me one-on-one today? No. WTF?! He then sticks his head in the office to tell this woman that he has delayed the 10 am staff meeting he wants me to attend until 5:30 pm. WTF?!

OK, so prior to my first day, I received an e-mail from AA asking me if I hated Sushi (?). No, I replied, I love sushi. He said then that we would go out for sushi for my welcoming lunch. Fine. On my first day of work I receive an e-mail sent to the group giving the address of the restaurant. As time draws nearer for lunch, I hear nothing else and finally go to that woman's office to see if I could get a ride from her. WTF?! This is my welcome lunch, isn't it? You would think that SOMEONE would remember me... Anyway, after lunch I received a group e-mail telling everyone that they owed him $15.00, but that he was picking up the woman's lunch since it was her last day. WTF?! Oh, and also on my way to lunch I see that my brand new raincoat has a huge rip in the sleeve...WTF?!

During the staff meeting do I find out what I'm supposee to be doing? No. WTF?!Finally, on my way out of the door @ 7pm, I stop AA and tell him that I would like to start work earlier, say 8am to which he replies "Core business hours are from 8-5 but we all work longer hours than that and on the weeks you have to work Saturday and Sunday, I may give you a half a day on Monday that you can work from home" WTF?!

4 comments:

  1. Awwwwww, man... All I can say is... WTF?!?!?! I thought people in Texas were supposed to be nice. I'm sure it'll get better. It HAS TO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, here's an idea... Maybe RHODA should make an appearance (or two) at the office just to shake things up a bit. At least YOU (and Rhoda) would be having fun. ;-)

    ReplyDelete